Vi har tre nivåer av aktiviteter, beroende på antalet elever och tillgång till datorer.
Våra idéer är flexibla och kan lätt anpassas till det du behöver i ditt klassrum.
Tier 1 – En dator per klassrum
The interactive activity takes place with the class as a whole. Either ‘quick quiz’ questions where students can vote by standing in a specific location or where the whole class has to work together to come up with an answer (~15-45 mins)
Tier 2 - One computer per 3-5 students
The interactive activity takes place with small groups of students. Each group is provided with a task such as:
- Schedule and observe with the Faulkes telescope (~45 mins)
- Determine the redshift of galaxies (~15-30 mins)
- Rank the redshifts of galaxies and compare and contrast their environments (~30-45 mins)
Nivå 3 – En dator per elev
The interactive activity takes place where each student has their own personal computer and requires them to download specific astronomy related software (DS9). They are then given a task such as:
- Download images of galaxies and create colour composite images (~1 hour)
- Download images and locations to search within those images for galaxies at different redshifts (~1 hour)